Ruparshree Prakalpa: – Hi! There, this is Siddik, back again with a very helpful topic related to “Rupashree Prakalpa”. It is a project by the government of West Bengal, India. If your daughter at 18 years old and you are facing in bearing the expenditure of her marriage or if you want to help the poor family to their daughter’s marriages. So read the blow because it is for you.
The Hon’ble Finance Minister Dr. Amit Mitra, Government of West Bengal, announced a one-time financial grant of Rs.25,000 for the poor families named “Ruparshree Prakalpa” at the time of their adult daughters’ marriages in the State Budget for the Financial year 2018-2019 tabled on 31st January 2018. It comes into effect on 01 April 2018. Right now (12/05/2018) it is applicable for all marriages in all districts of West Bengal, India. A lot of families face hardship arranging money for the marriage of their daughters. The Government of West Bengal wants to stand by these families. In a report, approx Six lakh families will benefit under Ruparshree Prakalpa. It is an initiative to help poor families do not arrange girl child marriage before eighteen years of age and let them continue with their studies.
Who can apply for Rupashree Prakalpa?
Any woman who proposes to be married shall apply to Rupashree Prakalpa. All eligibility criteria are following
- The applicant must be the age of 18 years old.
- She is unmarried on the date of submitting her application.
- It is applicable for her first marriage only.
- Her parents must permanent residents of West Bengal or She has been a resident of West Bengal for the last 5 years.
- Her prospective groom has must be over the age of 21 years.
- She has an active bank account.
Mandatory documents for Rupashree Prakalpa
- Proof of applicant’s age – Self-attested xerox copy of any: Birth Certificate / Voter Card / PAN Card / Madhymik Admit Card / Aadhar Card / School leaving Certificate.
- One pic passport size color photography.
- Self-attested xerox copy of Bank pass book which provides complete details.
- Proof of proposed marriage- Any one of the following: Marriage Invitation card / Notes for Registration of Marriage / Self Declaration.
- Never Marriage status – Self-declaration.
- Family income – Self-declaration.
- Proof of Residence – Self-declaration.
- Proof of prospective groom ’s age –zerox copy of any: Birth Certificate / Voter Card / PAN Card / Madhymik Admit Card / Aadhar Card / School leaving Certificate.
- One pic passport size color photography of prospective groom.
How to apply for Rupashree Prakalpa?
The application form is now available and submitted to the following offices
- Office of Block Development officer in case the applicant resides in a rural area.
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer in case the applicant resides in a Municipal area.
- Office of the Municipal Commissioner in case the applicant resides in a Municipal Corporation area.
The application must be submitted not less than 30 days and not more than 60 days. The financial benefit will be paid by direct bank account through NEF.
Here I provide a scanned copy of application form but I Highly recommends you to use original application form which you get from Block Development Office, Sub Division office or Municipal Corporation under which the applicant’s residence is located.
Women and Child Development and Social Welfare Bikash Bhavan, 10th Floor, Saltlake, Kolkata – 700091 Phone – (033) 2334-5673, 2334-1563, 2334-1958
Hope……!! You are enjoying this article and get your all queries. Keep smile because you are great.
Also read : Top 5 educational boards in India